Monday, April 27, 2009

Love

There are so many kinds of love and so many ways that I see love in each and everyday. Love is there with my girls and love is there with my husband. Love also hangs around the phone for my parents and my brother and for my niece's and Missy. Love is in the air when a show or movie depicts a child in pain or dying or when a soldier is hurt or KIA.

It's so funny how one can think they only have enough love in their heart for their spouse; and then, once a child is born there is an abundance of love that fills your world. And again you think, 'there's no way I could ever love another child as much as I love this one..' But then it happens, another child arrives and again loves just overflows from your heart. It's absolutely amazing.

My husband and my girls are the most important things in the world to me. I literally feel like I spend everyday doing whatever possible to make them happy just so I can feel their love and see them smile.

Randy and I have been married for over 5 years now. 5 years! WOW! That's along time and I am still just as much in love with him today as I was that first July we spent together in Waikiki. When we met it was like an instant connection. I was alone and scared in a new place surrounded by new people and there he was, in just the same situation. I still remember when I first got my barracks room and needed to go buy some bedding. I left class that day and told him where I was going and he was so interested in going with me. Such a goofy thing to recall but the fact was he just wanted to spend time with me, and that was awesome. That was love

Kaitlyn came into the world in 2006 and that's when the love in my heart doubled in size. She was so beautiful and so perfect. I could have never guessed how much I would adore her and how awesome she would be. Who would have known that a 3 year old would be so caring and so smart. She absolutely amazes me every day.

Then a second beautiful little girl, Kaylee, came to join us in 2008. I definitely had doubt that I could love her as much as Kaitlyn, but the second she joined us that day in August, all my doubts flew away. Kaylee is so happy. She is always smiling and laughing and just seems to love life. She took on all the same beauty and charm as her sister with her own uniqueness.

Isn't love amazing? Love can carry a soldier through a deployment, a child through a class with her mommy, and a wife through a year of uncertainty, loneliness and fear.

Love is amazing, awesome and will always conquer all!

No comments:

Post a Comment