Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Monday, part 1...

Yesterday was a long day for me. We usually don't get out of bed until around 9:00 am and then while the kids eat breakfast I get to slowly wake up with coffee. That did not happen yesterday! I had a doctors appt in Lawerencburg IN at 8:30. Aside from waking up early, the morning also stunk because I couldn't drink or eat anything until after the glucose test at the drs.
Okay, so I get to the dr office and sign in at 8:17 but didn't get called back (even to drink the stupid orange stuff) until 9:00. Did I mention I was the first one there and my appointment was at 8:30 ? Yeah. So they get my weight (yuck) and blood pressure and have me drink the orange bottle of nastiness. Oh yeah, and they gave me a timer set for 60 minutes as well. I'm told to wait in the room until the midwife checks me then finish waiting in the waiting room.
After 11 minutes the lights turn off. Great. So I find my way to the door and wave my hands around like an idiot trying to get the lights to turn back, they do. Eleven more minutes go by on the timer and the lights go off again. Ugh. It was a little easier to get them on this time. I sit back on the uncomfy bed and wait again and what happens? Well, 11 more minutes go by and the lights turn off again! So if you have been keeping track then you know I've been waiting now for a simple check up for over half an hour, (which is okay since I had to wait 60 minutes to get my blood drawn anyways.) The midwife came in after another 8 minutes.
Little Rosalee is doing great! She put on quite an acrobatic show while we were trying to listen to her heart beat. So my last few minutes of waiting went by fairly fast and I got my blood drawn, blood sugar was good at 105. But the midwife and nurse felt the need to annoy me! They are insisting that I get the Rhogam (sp?) shot because I am blood type A-, therefore I am RH negative. However, I know for a fact, with 1 million percent certainty, that I do not need that shot because Randy is O-. I did not get the shot with the other two and I'm not going to get it now when its not necessary. The nurse wanted to be snotty though and said she would need proof of Randy's blood type, which I said would be absolutely simple to obtain since it's on his ID card. She proceeded to tell me how in her 12 years of doing this she has only had one person prove it to her. Whatever lady! Ugh. And even if I didn't prove my husbands blood type, what are they going to do? Hold me down and give me a shot? Really?
I am finally out of the doctors office at 10:30! Only 1 more appointment here and then Rosalee and I will finish out our doctor visits in Italy!
Italian word: Prego      Nope this does not describe me! It means "you're welcome" or "don't mention it!"  When responding to a thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment