Thursday, August 11, 2011

ten years since High school...

It has been ten years since I graduated from high school. I remember having to give a response for the popular question, "Where and what will you be doing ten years from now?", I cannot remember for the life of me though what my response was. I do know that I in no way thought I would be married for 8 years, have 3 kids, be a veteran of the Army, live in Italy etc etc etc. So I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the last 10 years...

2001: Graduated. Worked at Kroger, and Kroger again. Attended classes at Thomas Moore College. Moved into my first place, and back home again :)  Got my first tattoo.

2002: Worked at Kroger, Toyota, and Kroger again. Got another tattoo. Attended classes at Thomas Moore College, dropped out of Thomas Moore College :(  , attended classes at Northern Kentucky Business College, dropped out of classes at NKBC :(   Gave up and raised my hand to be a Soldier...

2003: Went to (had the best time ever) and graduated basic training at Fort Leonardwood, MO. Did home town recruiting and took leave before moving to Hawaii. Moved to Hawaii. Was COMPLETELY depressed (crazy right) and homesick right off the bat. Met Randy, fell in love, was no long sad. moved from temp barracks to my barracks room to our first house. Had the times of our lives at the beach. Had 'family' visit us in Hawaii. Watch as my husband left for a year long deployment :(

2004: Went home on leave. Got another tattoo. Deployed to Afghanistan... took leave with randy, met up in Kuwait and flew home together. Went back to Afghanistan as Randy went back to Iraq :(

2005: Got promoted to SGT. Grandma Gripshover passed away while I was still deployed, and dad had a heart attack :'(  ended deployment and went back to Hawaii. Randy awaited me with my welcome home present Lolita, the world's most awesome dog. Moved into our 2nd house (technically Randy was already moved in at this point.) Took leave home. My brother visited us in Hawaii!! Got moved to a different duty station, (still Hawaii, just different post...) Found out I was prego! Started the process of getting out of the Army. Got out of the Army. Moved back to Kentucky. Worked at Kroger. Went to school to become a Realtor :/

2006: Kaitlyn was born!! Worked  Attempted to work at Coldwell Banker West Shell. Moved into our house in Kentucky.  Worked at Citi. Joined the Army Reserves.

2007: Worked at Citi. Went to an Army school in NJ. Got promoted to SSG :) Found out I was prego again!

2008: Had to get rid of my most favorite dog, lolita :( Worked at Citi. Kaylee was born!! Randy joined back to Active duty so we started plans to move again... Started our journey to Colorado.

2009: Moved into our first house in Colorado at Fort Carson. Papa came to visit. We went back to KY for Kaitlyns bday, then again for the birth of miss Hailey :) Watched as my husband left for another deployment. Moved myself and the kiddos back to KY. (crazy process!) Randy came home on leave, then went back to Afghanistan :(  Kailtyn started preschool at the YMCA.

2010: Moved back to Colorado to our 2nd house at Fort Carson. (another crazy process). went back to KY to visit and to keep my sanity. Randy came home!! Papa came to visit.Found out we were going to be moving to Italy. Kaitlyn started preschool on Fort Carson. Found out we were prego again! Went home for a visit again. Packed up all our stuff again, moved in with friends. Moved back to KY again while Randy went to school in MO. My obligation with the Army finaly came to a close. 

2011: Moved to Italy...Kaitlyn started Preschool yet again. Mama and Papa came to visit. Rosalee was born!! The Larson's came to visit. Rosalee got admitted to hospital at 6 wks old :( .... and here we are today. Rosalee is 4 months old! Kaylee turns 3 in just a few days! and my baby Kaitlyn starts Kindergarten in a few short weeks!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope all is going well for you guys. I noticed you said something about beeing out of school for 10 years now. wow, my 25th reunion is next month :( I'm starting to feel old! Love n miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete